SAP Digital Interconnect is now Sinch

Contact Us

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Morgan
Employees

Multi-part/long messages (Concatenation)

When LiveLink is processing / parsing a long message into multiple segments are there any limits that are applied? Is there a max number of characters and/or segments that LiveLink supports?

0 Kudos
Michael_Smith5
Employees

Re: Multi-part/long messages (Concatenation)

Hi James,

Live Link doesn't specifically enforce a limitation, though downstream systems and connections do impose limitations.  I believe this limit can differ from country to country.  Therefore, it's best practice to limit the number of characters to a reasonable number. 

If you have a use case that you could provide more detail about, we can consult with our experts in that region to discuss best practices based on your use case and country.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Smith,
Product Manager
0 Kudos
James_Morgan
Employees

Re: Multi-part/long messages (Concatenation)

Hi Mike,

I figured that the concatenation processing would be more of a downstream function, since I understand specific carriers and connections all need to support longer messages/higher character counts in order for it work.  To keep the discussion from getting too complex, lets assume we're using UTF-8/GMSC characters in the message body and sending to +1 destinations - US & Canada.  

If I am sending message of say, 500 characters to a mobile handset via Livelink, how does it work within Livelink & in downstream systems to manage the request?

0 Kudos